Friday, 4 July 2014

WAREM Excursion to Switzerland part 1.

Switzerland,
9 - 14 June, 2014.



Assalamualaikum and Mubarak Kareem to all Muslims, and yea, I'm back! I'm finally back in Stuttgart after a super long long long holiday. I've been away for almost three weeks, I missed my bed so damn much, plus, I had a language test the other day, thus, late update on my blog heehe. After all, I really don't know where to begin with, seriously!

Some of you might know, last few weeks ago, I had an excursion to Switzerland (and Germany of course) for almost 6 days, it was more into 'lawatan sambil belajar'. Well, since this was an excursion for my course, we've visited a lot of places based on what we've studied, so if some of the photos are so related to that, and you're not interested to know, excuse me, you can skip that part, ok? hihii

Anyways, we basically tour the whole Switzerland by bus, and imagine the panoramic view with mostly mountains, Alps in south, Jura in northwest, with a central plateau of rolling hills, plains, and large lakes. Lovely, so lovely!

The geography of Switzerland means that the climate varies greatly from one region to another, depending on the area and the time of year. So yea, a lot of clothes to pack! But I decided to bring unwrinkled clothes (t-shirts!), and it made my life a lot easier. We had to move from one place to another everyday, so why make it complicated. It's an excursion, after all.

So, with total of 39 students and 2 teachers, I've summarized the road trip we had the other day, across Germany (GE) and Switzerland (VS) boundaries.





Day one.

Stuttgart (GE) - Thusis (VS) - Davos (VS)

On Monday, 9 June 2014, all the students met at the meeting point at 8 a.m. and started a long journey to Thusis, Switzerland which took about 6 hours and a half. We arrived at our first destination, Via Mala Ravine, an ancient and notorious section of a path along the Hinterrhein River between Zillis-Reischen and Thusis in the Canton of Graubünden. 



It was nice at first, until Anne, our coordinator, without stretching up, asked us to hike the hill next to Via Mala, to go to the suspension bridge, and that was the beginning of our nightmares. Arrr!



As the rain started pouring down, and our activities of that day came to the end, we went straight to our first youth hostel located lin Davos. Subhanallah, such a wonderful view along the road!



And this is our view from the hostel, so so so lovely, isn't it?





Day two.

Davos (VS) - Bellinzona (VS)

After had breakfast provided at the hostel, we packed back our stuff and continue with our visit to Institute for Snow and Avalanche Research SLF, which took only 15 minutes from the hostel.




During lunch time, we were given one hour to either have a lunch at the town, or nearby the lake. So I chose LAKE!



After lunch, we drove to the next point, about an hour and a half, and had a guided tour at Lake Solis Reservoir.



After a long hot day at the reservoir, about 2 hours journey, we headed to our next Youth Hostel at Bellinzona.



After had dinner, we climbed up to the old castle just next to the hostel, before had a walk in a group to the town and enjoyed gelato!

Coming up next, day three and four and five and six.. sooooo long way to go!


P.s. there are some photos I couldn't get it from my classmates, I'm working on it. So I'll usually update from time to time.


with love,

No comments: