Sunday, 6 October 2013

Esslingen.

30 September 2013.

Hello Leute! It's Sunday, and I am fully awake since Subuh, so I have done some house chores, for the second time this week, out of habit, alone, cause all my German housemates probably went back home to celebrate Folk Festival with their family and friends. It's weekend afterall!

Yesterday we've planned to go and have a look of what Folk Festival is all about, since we saw couple of times the Germans wore their tradition costumes 'baju kurung' and 'baju melayu' of their versions everywhere. The girls in skirts and the boys in.. I don't know what they called it, I better check it with my teacher, but seriously, 'They look so damn hot!' bak kata my housemate, Julia. Couldn't agree more with you, Julia! hahaa. Unfortunately, it was raining cats and dogs. So our plan is postponed to next week, perhaps. InsyaAllah..

So last Thursday, my German teacher, Herr Peter brought the students to Esslingen for excursion, about 20 minutes from the city. Esslingen am Neckar is a city in the Stuttgart Region of Baden-Württemberg in southern Germany, capital of the District of Esslingen as well as the largest city in the district. Through archaeological finds made in what is now the city of Esslingen there is evidence of permanent settlement since the Neolithic Stone Age. Traces of human settlement found at the site of the city church date back to around 1000 B.C.

So Herr Peter introduced us with the history of Esslingen, and mentioned about how they built the buildings, how different types of house belonged to different classes of people, and how they ruled the district and what not. 

It was 9 degrees that day. Very cloudy and windy, but we had a lot of fun!


So, that was all for the excursion. I am so in love with this place! My leg were in pain for climbing the i-don't-know-how-many-steps stairs which I believe hundreds, and guess what, in such a cold weather, finally I had sweat through my shirt. Hahahaa.. pretty good exercise, huh?

Till my next post!

P.s. There are 2 group photos with watermark on it, credits to my classmate, Sadat.. and the rest without watermark are mine. Should I put it too? Nahh.. hehee


with love,

No comments: